Week. Dad and I have been attending off and on, mostly on, for the last ten years. It is fun to join 25,000 others who are there and to be on the campus of our Alma Mater. Elder Richard G. Scott spoke at the Devotional on Tuesday morning and it is always a blessing and privilege to
hear an apostle of God. We have our favorite teachers and our favorite subjects. Of course, we are talking about Joseph Fielding McConkie. He taught three hours every day and we were there for every class. We both feel that our testimonies and knowledge of the gospel have grown and deepened from being able to study with him over the years. . Education week also means meeting new and old friends. I always look forward to seeing my good friend Barb McKnight. We have known each other for almost 39 years. We became friends when we were both freshman at BYU and living in Bowen Hall. We have so much in common -- purses, jewelry, shoes, loving our families and grandchildren. We have the kind of friendship that we can just pick up from where we left off the previous time we were together. We try to meet every year, attend a class or two together, have lunch, and catch up. It is truly a high point of the week for me. 

Dad and I have run into many people this week that we have known throughout our lives. These friends and acquaintances range from old roommates, as mentioned, to neighbors in Connecticut, ward members in Denver and our Stake now. It is always great to see them and talk with them for a few moments. I can only compare my feelings to the Sons of Mosiah when they met Alma again after serving their missions. They were filled with joy to know that their friends were still faithful in their testimonies of Jesus Christ.
It has been a joy to me to be able to meet with friends, attend classes, and have a week of Education.
5 comments:
I look great with Brother McConkie
You haven't aged a bit! what a fun picture. When I lived in Denver, I remember ladies coming back from Education Week and bearing their testimonies on their experiences. It is definately on my list of things to do in my second "prime" of life. I loved your reference to the sons of Mosiah.
Great post! I absolutely love the photo of you and your dear friend, both of you look just as lovely today as you did then!! Do I sense a scrapbook page in the near future?
What great photos! It looks like you guys had a wonderful and enriching time.
Thanks for posting your great experience, I know how much you and David cheish your Education Week. What a memorable picture of you and Barb...I agree with everyone else, you girls are still as cute as ever! I still remember Barb from Nampa and her family's 4th of July firesworks booth. I also remember the religion class I attended with you and David when Bruce R. McConkie taught from the Book of Hebrews. He was a favorite of mine to quote from in Seminary.
It makes me want to try and get to Education Week in the future.
Post a Comment