
As most of you know, I have been recovering from what I like to call a "maintenance procedure". I have been in bed or on the couch for the past two weeks. The last couple of days I have been feeling much better and started to yearn to be outside, have lunch out, and take a ride in David's truck. We grabbed lunch a
nd then took a fifteen minute drive from our house to Big Cottonwood Canyon. I couldn't help but take a couple of photos and just take in the fresh air. I noticed so many small things today that I usually just skip right over on my way to complete my to do list. However, today I noticed it all in my 45 minute luxury. I loved seeing my hanging flower baskets; I loved hearing my wind chimes in the front tree branches; I loved seeing and waving to the neighborhood kids as they came home from school; I enjoyed putting on sunglasses, sipping on a fountain drink and smiling at my favorite care giver who has been so attentive to me. And to make the day even more perfect, I bought the new Barry Manilow CD. Just call me if you want to borrow it.
nd then took a fifteen minute drive from our house to Big Cottonwood Canyon. I couldn't help but take a couple of photos and just take in the fresh air. I noticed so many small things today that I usually just skip right over on my way to complete my to do list. However, today I noticed it all in my 45 minute luxury. I loved seeing my hanging flower baskets; I loved hearing my wind chimes in the front tree branches; I loved seeing and waving to the neighborhood kids as they came home from school; I enjoyed putting on sunglasses, sipping on a fountain drink and smiling at my favorite care giver who has been so attentive to me. And to make the day even more perfect, I bought the new Barry Manilow CD. Just call me if you want to borrow it.
9 comments:
Can I Pleeeese borrow your Barry CD???
Why do you still pay for music? It makes me feel like a failure as a son.
I am so glad that you are feeling better and were able to get outside for a while!!! The canyon looks beautiful, I miss having Paul work up there so that I can take the back road in and enjoy the fall color once a week!!!(that and visit with you of course!!)
That picture is stunning!It makes me yearn for a season change. Glad you are feeling better and have a new CD to listen to. Go ahead and keep it for awhile. I'll let you know if I need it.
I am so glad that you are feeling better!! It is such a beautiful time of year and I'm glad you where able to get out and enjoy it. You are very blessed to live in such a beautiful area!! We all miss seeing you. Enjoy your new CD:)
I am so glad that you are feeling better and was able to get out and enjoy the beauty around you. The canyon looks so pretty, you know that fall is my (and was Mother's) favorite time of the year. And what better music to enjoy than Barry...(well maybe Karen...)
It looks like a beautiful day! I love this time of year in Utah. The weather is great and the scenery is amazing. I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm even happier that you got the new Barry CD.
It has always been my favorite thing to see the colors change during the fall. I am glad you got to see them and enjoy them. Now if we can only get it to be warmer I would enjoy them more myself.
What a stunning scene! I love the fall and the changing colors. I know that is why I love Montana so much! I'm glad you are feeling better. You are in my thoughts often!
Post a Comment