I usually am not interested in Groundhog Day. However, after yet another snow storm this morning and another one on the way in a couple of days, my interest was peaked. I found out that on February 2, Phil, the groundhog, comes out of his burrow on Gobbler's Knob - in front of thousands of followers from all over the world - to predict the weather for the rest of winter. According to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he does not see his shadow, there will be an early spring. I am voting for an early spring. I am tired of having cold hands and feet day after day. A friend of mine gently suggested to me that I should probably wear boots. Okay, I won't complain any more at least not to her.
This past week has been one of mixed emotions. I loved President Hinckley. He was a wonderful prophet and leader. I am thankful for the testimony that I have of the doctrine of eternal life. I am also thankful for revelation that will rest upon the twelve and the whole church to know and sustain our new Prophet. It will be a bitter sweet funeral.
This month we celebrate Valentines Day and because of this, February is a month that we think of ones that we love. I love many people, especially my children and their families. I have great affection for my brothers and sisters and their families. And, of course, I have a deep abiding love for David and the life that we have made together over the past almost 38 years. Ground Hog Day, the movie, happens to be on our Top Ten list of favorite movies. It may seem like I am living the same day over and over this winter. But as the saying goes: I have my love to keep me warm. Hope everyone is well and will enjoy all the people that you love.
This past week has been one of mixed emotions. I loved President Hinckley. He was a wonderful prophet and leader. I am thankful for the testimony that I have of the doctrine of eternal life. I am also thankful for revelation that will rest upon the twelve and the whole church to know and sustain our new Prophet. It will be a bitter sweet funeral.
This month we celebrate Valentines Day and because of this, February is a month that we think of ones that we love. I love many people, especially my children and their families. I have great affection for my brothers and sisters and their families. And, of course, I have a deep abiding love for David and the life that we have made together over the past almost 38 years. Ground Hog Day, the movie, happens to be on our Top Ten list of favorite movies. It may seem like I am living the same day over and over this winter. But as the saying goes: I have my love to keep me warm. Hope everyone is well and will enjoy all the people that you love.

P.S. Just an added note. Brace yourself for more wintry weather. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow Saturday, leading the groundhog to forecast six more weeks of winter.
7 comments:
I know that living with me is like Groundhog Day however right after Groundhog Day comes Valentine's Day so look for some changes (if you are willing because I am able).
No, no, no. I can not take more winter!!! I love your new background and header. I like how the picture blends into the paper.
I did hear about the groundhog seeing his shadow, but I guess I'm excited to have winter stay around. Spring means that summer is coming and summer around here is dreadful. I do love Valentine's Day and the candy that comes with it. Great new topper and paper!
Blast that stupid Groundhog!!! Oh well, we must all continue on amid the snow and hail and sleet that is a Utah winter!! Thanks again so very much for watching the girls this weekend, you are the best!!
Love ya!
Your new header and background are so great, I especially like that you have your sweetheart on the picture for February, how appropriate, not only for Valentine's, but for his birthday. We've had lots of snow, we get what we pray for, isn't that wonderful? We have had two school closures due to wind and drifting. I actually have been wearing my old boots a few places, but was told I needed to get some more fashionable ones! I guess I need to do what Collette does...where's toe socks. Thanks for sharing your testimony about our dear President Hinckley, I am going to blog my feelings about the funeral, I loved it. I love you and your family, too. I sound like a broken record, but this blogging is fantastic and it keeps our hearts connected. Stay warm!
Well, the only bad thing about more winter in So.Cal, is that the nights are cold, sorry to say. I do love that movie though. Your header is really great! You are very good at this digital thing! I too will miss President Hinckley, but the thought that he is with his wife brings me great joy.
Your blog is always changing and looking even cuter than it was before. You are so talented. It was fun to have you at the party for Dennis. I will email you some photos! XOXOX
Post a Comment