Saturday, March 15, 2008

California Dreamin'



I am sitting in my office and looking out the window. It is snowing (AGAIN) which makes me reflect on this past week in southern California. The weather was perfect and so was the company. It all started with Will and Kelly going on vacation. They were going to Disneyland, California Adventure, and to the beach. They invited us to join them. We didn't think we could go because Jessica and Sean were coming to our house for Jess's Spring Break. Will immediately fixed that with a convincing phone call. Jessica and Sean changed their plans and headed for California. Monday was the day that we all went to Disneyland. I must include the fact that I mean ALL went to Disneyland. We ran into my Bishop and his family and another family in our ward. We wondered why they didn't answer the phone when we tried to get them to substitute our Sunday School Class.





They say that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. However, I say that it is wherever my children and grandchildren gather together. This time it was at the beach, California Adventure, Disneyland, and at Audrey's house just hanging out. As I look out my window again it is still snowing and will snow again tomorrow. However, I have some wonderful sunny and happy memories to keep me warm.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

It is sunny out my window, but the memories are just as warm. Thank you for coming!! We had a wonderful week. Let's do it again soon. (I love the Disney elements on your blog!!!!!)

Linda Clark said...

What a wonderful trip. I knew that Will and Kelly were going to Disneyland, vis watching their count down on their blog. Pretty special that you were able to go with them and that Jessica and her family could join you, too. Way to go Grandma and ride on the rides with the kids! Hanging out with Audrey and family would be so much fun. Ah, makes my spring fever stronger than ever now!

Bree D. said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great time together!!! Looks like you fully enjoyed the rides just as much as the kids!! That is why you are such a great Grandma you know!!!!

Jessica said...

I love those quotes on the pages! It was such a fun trip and hard for us to come home also, however, we did come home to nice weather! We need to plan another trip soon.

Collette said...

A trip to the warm sunny California would be grteat for me too right about now. Darn rain and snow. I am glad you had fun and that you got to share it with your kids and grandkids.
By the way......fabulous bag!!!