Friday, April 25, 2008

38 and Counting



Hooray for us!! We have just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary. We took time out to drive to Palm Spring to spend a couple of days in the sunshine. Our winter and spring have been so cold and wet here. We had a very relaxing time and did soak up a few rays and enjoyed sitting outside on patios to eat our meals. Remember when we were traveling a few weeks ago and ran into people from our ward -- well-- in keeping with that we did it again. We randomly picked a ward out of the phone book to attend on Sunday. We were singing the opening hymn and noticed that two rows ahead of us was a couple from our ward that live in Palm Desert during the Winter. Funny thing is, I am her visiting teacher and can never find her. Needless to say, we had a fun reunion.


I received a most wonderful gift for my anniversary. David gave me a laptop. I love to digital scrapbook and especially scrap with others. However, it has been difficult to move computers around, etc. This new computer has solved that problem. While we were in California, we just had to stop by Audrey 's house to try out the new equipment. It worked perfectly. We have always spread out our supplies and papers and scrapped on her or my dining room tables. This photo really shows how far we have come. We had a wonderful anniversary. I love my new laptop. All in all, the past weekend was perfect.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary! Thanks for stopping by our house and scrapping with me! We got so much done and it was a blast I see many a digital dining room experiences in our future!

Bree D. said...

So who is giving me a laptop so that I can join, (slow tear down my face!) Just kidding!! LOVE that David gave you the most perfect gift for your Anniversary and I am even more happy that you were able to have a weekend getaway to celebrate! (oh, and the new look is great!)

Linda Clark said...

What a great anniversary celebration and I agree with Bree, the perfect gift to go mobile with your scrapping. You and Dave always look extremely happy and 38 years together says it all!

Kelly said...

What a great present and fun way to celebrate your anniversary!

Jessica said...

38 years! That is really amazing. I'm glad you got a lap top! That is really a perfect gift for you and something that I bet you have already used a bunch. I love your new topper and hope we can all scrap together soon!

Kathleen Gauger said...

Happy aniversary! What a wonderful gift. You didn't mention what you gave to David??? These husbands just seem to know what we would want the most don't they, especially these digital goddesses! We need to catch up, it has been a while.