To top the day off, we had a barbecue. Kevin has become a master chef at the grill. We were treated with ribs, burgers, fruit salad, and chocolate cake.
But alas, all good things have to come to an end. Our visit was over so we started our journey home. We both love to hit the road and see the sights. We headed north to Sequoia National Park, Yosemite National Park, and Lake Tahoe--all areas of the country that we had never visited before. The scenery was breathtaking. We just took our time and loved being the tourist. We stopped at almost every turnout to get out of our car and read about the scenery and take pictures. It truly was a long and winding road home, however, it was a relaxing, sunny, breathtaking, and extremely enjoyable road that led us to our door.
5 comments:
Those pictures are amazing. What a fun trip!!
Wow! I love your pictures and glad that you were able to have a relaxing fun trip. You needed a vacation after being around my kids for a week!! (ha ha) We miss you, and Grace cries for you when I put her in time out.
Yes, "Stars and Stripes Forever" was a favorite AF Band tune we marched to, I didn't realize you played the picollo part(but then I was probably watching our drum major too much!) Your experiences at the library sounds fantastic and I, too, am proud to be an American. Glad you were able to take in some glorious sites of our country, I know that traveling together is something you and Dave enjoy.
What a fun trip- those pictures are just beautiful! I also love your new picture by your bio, you both look so great! I didn't know that you played the piccolo? Hidden talents need to be shared, I think we will need a performance at the next party!!!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so glad that you two can travel so often. It makes all the time we have worked so hard to get to our age... worth it!
Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment