Sunday, February 8, 2009

JANUARY

They say (and I have no clue who they are) that time flies when you are having a good time. January can be summed up as a good time. Jessica, Sean, and Brandon were here for their annual snowboarding, celebrating birthday week. The weather was fabulous and the boarding was outstanding.

Our family is getting large enough now that each month has quite a few birthdays. In January, we partied with Sean, Jacob, Madison, Jessica, and Zack.

The Draper Utah Temple is now open to the public for tours. This temple is the 129th of the Church and the 12th in Utah. I feel such a feeling of peace as we drive toward Utah County because we can see three temples from the freeway. We were honored to attend the open house with the missionaries serving in our branch and an investigator. I seemed to listen more intently as I imagined hearing the words for the first time as our guest was. His countenance changed as I am sure ours did by the end of the tour. We are blessed to live in a time that temples are dotting the earth.

Last, but certainly not least, Brent and Sonya, my brother and sister-in-law, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Their children hosted a wonderful and fun party for them in American Fork. They are generous, capable, compassionate, patient and caring people - no wonder we love them and want to be just like them.


January is usually a long cold month. However, this year, I have been so busy that it is difficult to believe January is gone and February is already 1/4 over. Hope the coming weeks bring you much happiness.

5 comments:

Collette said...

So great to have so many birthday's to celebrate!!! Growing families are awesome!

Aren't temples great! I just love the spirit they bring to the community and our lives

Audrey said...

I am part of that proverbial "we," and I agree that you have had some very fast & fun times in January. I just grin to see all the cousins on their birthdays. They are so cute, and then visitors, temples, anniversaries to boot. You are so lucky to have your family around you, and you are wonderful to take such an active roll in their lives. Thanks for sharing such fun photos so I can be a part too!

Bree D. said...

It was great spending time with everyone, we don't get to see Jess and Sean enough!! I am glad you were able to attend the open house of the Draper temple, we drove by it a while ago and it is just wonderful.
Love your new topper by the way, very cute!!

Linda Clark said...

Your header and blog is beautiful. Loved reading and catching up with your January...I know you mentioned that monthly blogging was the way to go for busy lives! Can't wait to see you tonight!

Jessica said...

We had a wonderful time visiting. You're absolutely right. It always seems so short. I hope we are able to keep the tradition alive as the years go by. Thanks for hosting us and for my fabulous shoes! (I still get compliments on them)