Thursday, July 12, 2007
Red, White, and Blue
Red, White, and Blue is my favorite color. So I love the Fourth of July; it is second only to Christmas. This year was my best 4Th ever. We visited the Ronald Reagan Library and grounds. In addition to the library itself, there were magic shows, craft tables, watermelon, cake, free
hats, and key chains. But the highlight of the day for me was the Los Angeles Policeman's ba
nd. They were located just through the gates in a grassy shaded area. They were dressed in uniform which added to the ambiance. They played patriotic songs and recited histories of them and of the Pledge of Allegiance. The finale number was John Philips Sousa's rousing march of Stars and Stripes Forever. It was a very touching and emotional day for me and I felt blessed to be an American. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love your blog! It is great to be able to keep in touch even more than we already do!!!!
Post a Comment