I always look forward to conference weekend, especially this conference because of the new callings and sustainings. And conference was outstanding, I am still pondering and thinking of the words of doctrine and testimonies that were born. I feel as if my course needs to be straightened with the council that was given. It saddens me when this first weekend in October is over because now it is on to normal life again.
HOWEVER, this weekend was different. The conference was the best of times. The worst of times can really only be summed up with the photos below. We have suffered water problems in our basement and in particular the north west corner window well since we have lived in our home. Every season we think that we have it fixed only to find out the hard way that we do not. This Friday evening as the rain kept coming and coming, our window started to fill with water. IT was different this time because we could hear a stream of water pouring into the well. We bailed and bailed, then dug, and bailed and bailed, and then dug some more. It was truly a race against time. Oh, did I mention that this is happening at 11:30 pm? We did eventually, after 2 1/2 hours of work, find the source of the problem. We found a joint of the our drain system had broken and the biggest surprise of all that it was placed next to the window well. The good news - we found the problem and
it is going to be fixed this week.
it is going to be fixed this week. So all's well that ends well. We have a solution to our water problem and we had a marvelous conference weekend. Hope your weekend was equally good and that your upcoming week will be fabulous.
5 comments:
I am sooo sorry that you had that problem again, and that Paul wasn't there to help!!! But I am glad that you have found a solution, and I will be crossing my fingers that it is the final incident for you guys.
Sure wish Jess & I were there to join in your sequel of our late night water bailing party. Hopefully this will be the finale! I agree that conference was really profound and specific this session. Time to straighten the course a little for me too.
I loved conference as well and don't we always hear it as if they are speaking directly to us, I know I do. I am watching the session I missed on BYU-TV via the internet and still absorbing. Sorry to hear about your late night water bailing...I hope the problem will be fixed for good. Life gets complicated, but the messages we just heard really are the "good news". Miss you!
Good grief! That window well is something else. I hope this really is the solution. If not, Audrey and I are experts in this field. Conference was great and I look forward to teaching some of these talks soon.
That stinkin window well! I wish you had called us to help you. I hope the problem is solved. I also really enjoyed conference. I need to make sure I reread them in the ensign so I can keep the words fresh in my mind.
Post a Comment