Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer is Here

Summer has finally arrived in Utah. Our first official barbecue was this past weekend to celebrate Father's Day. We honored David has the head of our family and the boys as the heads of their families. David has been an excellent and exemplar Father. He loves his children more than life itself. I think that my boys and my sons-in-law are terrific fathers in their families. David got a new barbecue for Father's Day and he absolutely loved breaking it in grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.

And what would a gathering be without a good session of Rock Band? Thanks Seth for bringing the entertainment. I am so happy that warm Summer nights have returned and that there will be more barbeque's and more gatherings ahead.

5 comments:

Linda's Legacy said...

What a terrific new look for your blog...very festive for the summer. Sounds like a great Father's Day and it's always so wonderful to have family there. Barbequing is one of my favorite things to do, too...go figure! All your kids look good and what fun they have at Grandma's. Rock Band is the bomb...Jef downloaded all the songs from that and guitar hero for me on my gym mp3 player to keep me in the swing! Enjoy the summer nights, they are very enjoyable with your evening canyon breezes.

Audrey said...

Oh thanks for posting pictures so I can feel like I was there in spirit anyway! We sure love our Dad. BBQ's in your backyard are the best. Can't wait to enjoy a few this summer.

Bree D. said...

We did have a really great time, as we always do! Thanks for hosting and for loving your boys so much!!

Kelly said...

That was a fun BBQ! I love all the pictures. Sorry my boys didn't cooperate in the family shot. LOL!

Jessica said...

I'm sorry I missed the gathering; it looks like it was a blast! You guys are probably sad that I wasn't there to be the singer for Rock Band!