I say it every year. The valley is beautiful this year. By the valley, I mean Star Valley, Wyoming. This is where David grew up and much family history has taken place. We love to come here to enjoy the beauties of nature, reminisce of family and childhood, and mostly to get away. This visit we took Audrey and family with us. We stayed at Thompson's beautiful and spacious cabin. I think it should be called a lodge now that the front porch and front door are completed. We kept very busy with showing them "Dad's town". We did many things such as riding on ATV's, horseback riding, canoeing on Cottonwood Lake, and eating buffalo burgers. A trip to the valley is not complete without a trip to Jackson. It is only a quick 45 minute drive through Snake River Canyon, which has become one of my favorite canyons. The little girls spent their saved up money on treasures in the souvenir shops and we enjoyed an outdoor pizza lunch. This visit was a short one for me. However, it was packed with so many acitivites and memories that I will remember this visit for a long time and again I have to say: "The Valley is beautiful this year!"

4 comments:
Two beauties. You and The Valley.
Cute photo cluster!!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, but how could you not in such a wonderful place!
I agree the valley is very pretty. I went and visited that area a couple of years ago and just loved it. I love Jackson Hole as well. It was great seeing you today!!
I agree with Dave! I loved the day ride and trip we took there when I came some years back to stay a few days. Remember our ride up the ski gondola? I remember those wondderful photos of us as kids in Jackson Hole, too!
Post a Comment